As the name suggests, humidifiers are handy devices that help regulate the amount humidity or moisture in the air of spaces either small or large.
They are useful in many different ways, from helping fight off a wide array of health issues to creating the ideal environments for antique furniture and artwork to remain in good condition. Humidity can be quite touchy; having either too much or too little of it can stir up all sorts of problems.
Of course, given the varying needs that call for the utilization of humidifiers, there are various types on the market. For those that want to stray from the heat output of the warm variety, a cool mist humidifier will be the natural choice.
This article will reveal the top rated products and results of the humidifier’s performance by the people that used these products.
Cool humidifiers create the feel of cooler air by cycling it through a filter before circulating it back out again. They make for great choices in households with young children since their output obviously lacks the potential to burn.
There’s no one-stop shop offered here however; even this style of humidifier has its share of variations on the market. In general, they can be placed into two different categories: evaporative and ultrasonic.
The evaporative style of humidifier utilizes a highly absorbent paper wick that aids in efficient evaporation and cool air filtering.
The wick filter is found right in the humidifier’s base, soaking up all of the water on the inside. A fan is used to circulate the air through the filter while the water evaporates, allowing it to be distributed throughout the surrounding area.
* They have no heating element, meaning they don’t require a lot of power output to function.
* The porous paper wick absorbs a lot of water, allowing for top-notch evaporation.
* Day to day, the water output will decrease as the overall room humidity rises, meaning it basically stabilizes itself with minimal setting changes being necessary.
The wick filter will need to be replaced regularly – at least once every two months. Given its paper composition, the wick is susceptible to bacteria, mold, and fungi. As such, regular cleaning and general maintenance can become a bit of a tiresome chore.
Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-350
Usually, drinking untreated tap water exposes one to so many health hazards, hence to be on the safe side, it is best to treat the water before consuming it. If you want comfort in your home then you should own your own cool mist humidifier, to keep your water germ and bacteria free.
The mist humidifier uses Ultra Violet technology to kill nearly 99.9% and viruses in untreated tap water obtained from the tank.
Its efficiency takes place after the sanitized water combines with dry air to disperse fresher, cleaner, invisible moisture that is germ free. Its tank is durable and it provides 24 hours of coverage for any medium sized room while consuming only 50 W of energy.
- It has a water filter, hence more dependable in removing all microorganism and dirt that can be found in tap water, the water filter also ensures germs and bacteria are killed efficiently.
- It operates quietly; in fact it is 25% quieter than other evaporative humidifiers.
- It’s efficient as it kills nearly up to 99.9% of germs, bacteria and fungus through the use of ultraviolet technology.
- It is easy to operate as it involves just filling up the water tank.
- It has a durable translucent water tank that that is not easy to break.
- It runs up to 24 hours on one filling.
Depends on the size of the room you want to use it in. Not everyone has access to it.
Final Result: 4.2 of 5.0
The Honeywell, Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-350 is an excellent product not only because of its many benefits and great quality, but also because of its smooth performance. You don’t have to expose yourself to waterborne diseases. This device can prove to be quite beneficial to both you and your entire family.
Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier HCM-6009
The Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier HCM-6009 has a 3.4-gallon capacity and can work in rooms up to 2,300 square feet. Honeywell uses state-of-the-art technology to help make dry air much more comfortable by adjusting the amount of water vapor in your home.
The filter inside of the HCM-6009 model humidifier is able to help prevent mold, fungus, algae and bacteria from spreading throughout the air inside. The design of this humidifier makes it so it’s much quieter than others on the market.
- The Air Washing Pre-filter catches the tiniest pieces of dust, dirt and pollen.
- This model is great for anyone who doesn’t want allergens floating around their home.
- It comes with multiple humidity control settings.
- Can run up to 24 hours on one tank.
This humidifier is more expensive than non-brand name humidifiers. Lack of additional attachments and settings that other brands have.
Final Result: 4.1 of 5.0
The Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier HCM-6009 is available in a variety of stores. For your best deals, greatest discounts and convenience for you to buy this product, you can purchase it online.
Essick Air MA0800 Digital Whole-House Console-Style
Essick Air MA0800 Digital is a perfect evaporative humidifier to add soothing therapeutic moisture to your entire home. In fact, this incredible evaporative humidifier will usher in a gloriously delightful ambience punctuated with the level of moisture you want in your home during the winter.
If you are struggling with fluctuating humidity levels or sinus problems, this humidifier would be beneficial to you because it adds and influences the level of moisture in your environment by moving dry air through a saturated wick.
Specifications and Features:
- Unit Capacity: The Essick Air MA0800 comes with a 2.4-gallon capacity. The 2.4 gallons includes 1.2-gallon water bottle coupled with 1.2-gallon reservoir.
- Daily Output: The unit has a remarkable daily output of 8 gallons of gentle moisture and is engineered to humidify a home with a tight construction coverage area of up to 1,700 sq ft.
- Dimensions and weight: Carrying this evaporative humidifier from one room to another will not be a problem as it weighs 8.5 pounds. When it comes to its dimensions, they stand at 17” W * 11” D * 16.5” H.
- Fan Speeds: The humidifier features three speeds setting, which include ultra, quiet, and low setting. The humidity can be set between 25% and 65% with increments of 5%.
- Stabilizing Rubber Feet: In order to ensure that the Essick Air MA0800 is securely rooted on the ground during it operation, it comes fitted with stabilizing rubber feet. There are six rubber feet and ensure that the unit if stable so that it offer maximum results.
- Automation: Apart from the digitalized humidistat, the unit also comes with other automation such as the automatic shut off. The automatic shut enables the Essick Air MA0800 to shut off when the desired humidity level is reached or when the unit is empty and needs a refill. The unit also features a refill light, which automatically blinks when the unit is empty and requires refilling.
- Digital Humidistat: The digital humidistat enables the humidifier to automatically maintain the level of humidity that you had set with precise digital accuracy.
- User-Friendly: Using the Essick Air MA0800 is no rocket science. The unit is commendably user-friendly. To begin with, the refillable bottle connects to the humidifier at the base and is easily detachable so that you can easily refill the unit. The automation of the unit including simple digital controls, adjustable humidistat, and automatic shut-off also significantly contributes to the user-friendliness of the unit.
- Smooth Operation: Because the unit does not have any belts, pulleys or belts, it operates smoothly feeding your ambience with soothing moisture.
- Contemporary Style: The machine is designed with an elegantly sophisticated style that ensures that the unit blends effortlessly with your home’s décor.
- Multiple floors: If you home has multiple floors, you might experience reduced moisture coverage in area far from the unit
Final Result: 4.0 of 5.0
The ultrasonic style of humidifier uses a relatively small metal diaphragm that can vibrate at an ultrasonic rate, hence the name. This high-speed frequency breaks water down into tiny little drops that ultimately turns into a fine vapor.
* They are essentially the quietest humidifiers on the market, perfect for those that are easily kept up at night or annoyed by constantly droning sounds.
* Like the evaporative style, there is very little electricity required to power ultrasonic humidifiers.
* They are easy to look after. Changing out the demineralization cartridges on occasion is the only necessary form of maintenance.
* They are highly versatile, actually offering both cool and warm humidifying functionality in some models.
Minerals found in the water being evaporated can be released alongside the vapor mist output. While not inherently dangerous, this can create a visible white residue that must be laboriously cleaned. The demineralization cartridges mentioned above will help keep this problem in check however.
The Air-O-Swiss 7147 humidifier is without a doubt a snazzy one; it is incorporated with a sleep mode that pre-establishes the most agreeable near humidity level. Furthermore, the humidifier is outfitted with a clock that permits you to preset utilization for consistent operation or for a period span extending from one to eight hours.
- The Air O Swiss humidifier is outfitted with auto stop instrument, which consequently close down the unit when it comes up short on water.
- The humidifier is made of current smooth outline that is appealing and features simple cleaning, handling, and utilization
- The unit consequently controls the precise dampness level, because of the humidistat, which is digitally onboard.
- The Air O Swiss humidifier gives solace and mitigating atmosphere to the climate of your room by humidifying up to six hundred square feet space.
- The humidifier presents two options, including cool humidification and warm humidification; this gives you astounding background of both cool and warm humidification.
- The humidifier’s plastic casing of the demineralization channel is treated with silver; the silver is helpful in repressing microbial development on the surface of the channel.
- The Air-O-Swiss humidifier comprises of titanium layer surface made out of modern quality, which ensures quick and additionally enhanced arrival of fog into the demeanor of your room.
- The humidifier is consolidated with sleep mode settings, which pre-established a humidity level that is agreeable for good rest.
- The unit is likewise made out of a clock that empowers you to preset the unit’s use for either consistent operation or for working somewhere around one and eight hours.
- Gives broadened solace and atmosphere by helpfully humidifying the air in your room, making an alleviating situation.
- The Air O Swiss humidifier is vitality proficient and shows elite, because of its hygrostat alongside fog yield controller.
- Advanced configuration computerized controls joined by enormous advanced full color display for enhanced observing of the humidifier.
- This is a standout amongst the most hygienic and in addition most secure humidifiers, since it uses hydro stick to steady freshness.
May not be advantageous for a room bigger than six hundred square feet.
Final Result: 4.0 of 5.0
The Air-O-Swiss 7147 is by far among the most loved compact humidifiers in the business. You ought to purchase this humidifier, and have firsthand experience of its esteem.
To be totally straightforward, this humidifier exhibits only the best, and there are no various cons characteristically connected with it.
Most likely you may be after cool fog ultrasonic humidifiers; then again, Air-O-Swiss AOS7147 humidifier gives you a lot of features, which are cutting edge, as well as extraordinary to this model.
It is constantly favorable to have both cool and warm humidification in the meantime. Purchasing Air-O-Swiss AOS7147 humidifier will enhance the air you inhale and help you diminish influenza and the common cold.
In conclusion: Cool Mist Humidifier Reviews
In general, either variation of these humidifiers has been well received overall. A lot of dry environments are incredibly hot. Southwestern states such as Arizona and New Mexico suffer from scalding, parch-inducing spring and summer weather that can get quite uncomfortable to say the least.
The combined functionality of both cooling and adding some much needed moisture to a household can be viewed as an absolute godsend in those kind of climates.
Of course, the cost effectiveness also goes quite a long way. Budgets are pretty tight for a lot of families these days. Setting up any form of new device tends to set our wallets back quite a bit, so it’s nice to have an option on the market that won’t break the bank.
The maintenance required of the likes of evaporative humidifiers is more than acceptable given the crazy power bills that warm humidifiers tend to rack up.
Further pros for these devices include:
* Cool air is easier to breathe, greatly aiding in the fight against colds, the flu, and other respiratory ailments.
* Cool vapor spreads easily, allowing an entire room to be controlled.
* They can be used and installed in a variety of ways.
Ultimately, the cool mist humidifier is a fantastic choice for those with tighter budgets, incredibly warm and dry climates, and children in the household. The ultrasonic style might give you more bang for your buck in the long run if you don’t mind dealing with the “white dust.”
Either variety will be more than adequate in giving you world class humidifying functionality, with the alluring added bonus of minimal hassle and financial setbacks.