With such a large number of air purifier models available on the market, it becomes quite difficult to select the right one that has the ability to provide maximum air purification and filter different types of contaminants.
It’s always best to opt for the air purifier that uses the latest technology because some of the old models guzzle up lot of power and their air changes per hour (ACH) ratings are very low, meaning they aren’t able to purify all the air in a room efficiently.
There are some models that come at very low prices, but the problem with these models is that they use basic filters that have the ability to control some of the contaminants such as dust, pollen, or dander but are totally inefficient in controlling different types of biological and non-biological pollutants such as viruses, bacteria, smoke, and mold.
Instead of looking for a total bargain, check out some of the air purifiers discussed in this article. These air purifier reviews will help you understand the features incorporated in each model so you can opt to buy one that’s most suitable for your requirements.
It’s important to look for purifiers that have higher ACH values because these numbers indicate that the machine is keeping your air cleaner. For example, a purifier with an ACH of 5 for a certain square footage means that that machine purifies all the air in the room five times per hour. So, the higher the number, the more pollutants the purifier is cleaning from what you’re breathing.
It’s also important to consider the square footage associated with the machine; you want a purifier meant for an area that’s the same size as or a little larger than the room you plan to use it in. Lastly, check out the clean air delivery rate (CADR); the higher these numbers, the faster the purifier can remove specific contaminants from the air.
Take a look at these highly recommended air purifiers which is evaluated by actual consumers, and also discover which product will best meet your requirements.
This system is currently the best air purifier in the market. It uses advanced technology to capture and get rid of particles from your air. It also utilizes a V5-Cell gas filter to absorb toxins and odors from the air, thus locking them so that they won’t exacerbate your chemical sensitivities. Other top features such as sturdy construction, full-featured control panel, efficient filtration design, and a convenient remote control makes this system the most ideal for large spaces.
This system puts together four improved filtration technologies to conveniently get rid of molecular air pollutants. For this reason, it is best suited for individuals suffering from a variety of respiratory ailments.
- Long life
- User friendly
- Small design
- Superior chemical and odor removal
- Does not emit ozone (Very Important for asthmatic)
A little costly to purchase. High maintenance costs—filters can be a little pricey to replace.
As it can evidently be seen, the benefits of this system are more than its drawbacks. Therefore, if you can afford it, proceed to purchase and stand a chance to benefit from its superior chemical and odor removal properties. Also, if you are asthmatic, you need this system—it guarantees you clean air unlike other purifiers.
The Verdict: 4.75 of 5.0
Why do you need the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology for your house? Because this is the ideal air cleaner for your house is one that is effective. In addition, the system must employ cutting edge technology to make your air clean at all times. If you are looking for superior results in this regard, consider the HEPA Cleaner. Below are its merits and demerits for your consideration.
- Its filtration system is able to clear dust and pet danger effectively.
- It comes with a carbon filter that is washable; this filter will control odors from smoke, pets and cooking.
- You can neutralize viruses, bacteria and gases in the air thanks to PlasmaWave technology fitted in this air cleaner.
- It has a pre-filter that is washable and it is able to capture large particles and this will protect your filter.
- This house filter system is automated with light, dust and odor sensors and it will adjust accordingly to maintain the integrity of your air.
- In addition, this system can be used with a remote control.
- It cannot be mounted on a wall
- There is no automatic shutoff option
All in all, this system is ideal for your family room or bedroom. The HEPA air cleaner will not disappoint.
The Verdict: 4.75 of 5.0
This air purifier system by Alen uses SmartSensor Technology to clean the air and comes in multiple colors. The advanced SmartSensor technology allows this model to automatically adjust its airflow when it detects any type of contaminants in the air. This product can be used to cover up to 1,100 square feet and has the ability to remove contaminants up to a size of 0.3 microns. This allows it to remove 99 percent of the contaminants present in the air. It costs around $600.
- ACH rating of 5 if used in a 430 square-foot room
- Uses Whisper Max Technology for a quiet and peaceful atmosphere
- Features include inbuilt air-quality indicator light to show level of contaminants
- Removes odors emanating from passive smoking, pets, and cooking
- Uses charcoal based pre-filter
- Removes smoke, pollen, pet dander, germs, and dust
- CADR rating of 256 for dust, 276 for smoke, and 301 for pollen
- Lifetime warranty
Some of the people who purchased this product complained of its large size and heavy build for a portable air purifier.
This product is suitable for anyone looking for a purifier for a large area. Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier creates an allergy- and asthma-free environment by removing all the major contaminants present in air. This is a great option if you have a larger room or area and don’t mind a bulkier appliance.
The Verdict: 4.7 of 5.0
This air purifier from Whirlpool is a three-stage air filter system that utilizes a pre filter, carbon filter, and true HEPA filter. The HEPA filter used in this product removes a majority of the contaminants present in indoor air. This product can be used to cover up to 500 square feet and has the ability to remove contaminants up to a size of 0.3 microns. This ability allows it to remove 99.97 percent of the contaminants present in the air. It is currently available for about $300.
- ACH rating of 4.8 in a 500-square-foot room
- Pre filter to keep pet hair out
- Uses a carbon-based second filter to control some odors
- Removes smoke, pollen, pet dander, ragweed, mold, and dust
- CADR rating of 315 for dust, 315 for smoke, and 315 for pollen
- Five-year warranty
- Comes with four fan settings
Several people who purchased this product complained of its large size and how heavy the machine is. The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier does not remove mold spores, germs, or odors.
This product is suitable if you’re looking for an air purifier for a medium-sized room or have a smaller home. The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier is a fit product for the person who frequently suffers from airborne allergies, but it won’t get germs or odors out of the air. The benefit is that, without this technology, the machine is really efficient at getting dust, smoke, and pollen out of the air, so if you’re allergic, this is the right choice.
The Verdict: 4.65 of 5.0
This product is designed for large rooms running up to 390 square feet and uses HEPA filters to remove common airborne contaminants. The Honeywell 50250-S uses glass-fiber HEPA material along with carbon-activated pre-filters and has the ability to remove 99.97 percent of household particles up to 0.3 microns in size. It has certified ratings of a pollen CADR of 250, a smoke CADR of 250, and a dust CADR of 250. This budget-friendly machine is a little over $100.
- Patented 360-degree design for maximum air intake and discharge
- Intelli-Check feature for filter replacement
- Accessible spare parts
- Powerful suction
- Limited warranty of five years
- Removes smoke, dust, pet dander, mold, germs, and pollen
- Removes odor emanating from pets, cooking, and indoor smoking
This air filter consumes higher power compared to other models. It is also bit noisy due to its powerful suction.
The Honeywell 50250-S is one of the best-priced models in its category. It is quite suitable for larger rooms as well. If you’re on a budget, choose this purifier.
The Verdict: 4.1 of 5.0
This air purifier from Honeywell is a tabletop small air purifier that’s suitable to be used in 85 square feet of space. The permanent HEPA-type filter has the ability to clear 99 percent of mold spores, pollen, pet dander, dust, and smoke from the air. It has certified ratings of a pollen CADR of 250, a smoke CADR of 250, and a dust CADR of 250. It comes with an optional ionizer and is currently available for around $50.
- ACH rating of 4.8 in an 85-square-foot room
- Small and portable design
- Lower maintenance
- Washable pre filter
- Uses carbon-based second filter to control some odors
- Removes smoke, pollen, pet dander, ragweed, mold, and dust
- Three-year warranty
Some people who purchased this product complained of white noise as well as rattling sounds when the machine was kept on a table. The Honeywell Compact Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter does not remove mold spores, germs, or odors.
If you don’t need to purify air in a very large space, you’ll do well with this low-cost purifier. Its square-footage limit is really a downside if you’re not just planning on using this in a small bedroom or little office. If you can get away with that, however, this one works well.
The Verdict: 4.1 of 5.0
This air purifier from Hamilton Beach is a tower-design air purifier that’s suitable in 160 square feet of space. The permanent HEPA-type filter has the ability to clear airborne allergens. It has a simple knob controller with three speed settings to keep it ultra quiet while running. The Hamilton Beach 04383A True Air Allergen-Reducing Air Cleaner comes in two color options—black or white. It costs about $45.
- Permanent filters used in this air purifier can be vacuumed and reused
- Comparatively small, light, and portable design
- Low maintenance
- Removes smoke, pollen, pet dander, and dust
- One-year warranty
Some customers complained of persistent noise during operation, and they also said that the material surrounding the filter is very fragile. The Hamilton Beach 04383A True Air Allergen-Reducing Air Cleaner does not remove mold spores, germs, or odors.
This product is suitable if you’re looking for a compact and portable air purifier for only removing allergens from a small room or personal working area, like your cubicle. Its small size makes it quite portable and you can place it on a table instead of the floor, which is great for cramped spaces.
The Verdict: 4.125 of 5.0
Air is vital to human life. Thus, it is essential that you get the best quality air as possible. Thankfully, there is the GermGuardian AC4825 to help you with that. GermGuardian AC4825 is a 3-in-1 Air cleaning System. First, it’s a True HEPA. Second, it kills airborne mold spores, viruses and bacteria. Lastly, it reduces bad odors.
- Best Value – the best thing about this air cleaning system is that it actively cleans the air in any room in 3 ways. Therefore, you don’t have to buy 3 different appliances. You just need this to do all three for you.
- Very Quiet – you will be surprised how this air cleaning system works as it produces barely any noticeable sounds. Yet, it filters the air very effectively.
- Easy Bulb Replacement – the GermGuardian AC4825 has a UV-C light, which kills airborne pathogens. However, unlike other air filters, you can actually change the light bulb effortlessly.
The filters are non-washable. This means that you have to buy a new filter if the old one is worn out. Thankfully, the filters will last for a very long time.You may experience a “a plastic smell” the first time you turn it on. This is only natural for new products. Just let it run continuously and it should go away.
GermGuardian AC4825 is a wonder of an air filter. On top of that, it also kills harmful pathogens. It’s a very cost-efficient item, very quiet and you can easily replace the bulb. It’s definitely worth checking out.
The Verdict: 4.76 of 5.0
Considering the number of options in air purifiers available on the market, you can only buy a suitable model if you know about your requirements.
If you’re looking for a product that has the ability to provide actual air purification by removing all biological and non-biological allergens, then you should opt for the Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier.
If you are looking for a purifier based on the best CADR rating at a lower price and to cover half the area, then the Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier is an exceptional choice.
In the category of small, portable, and easy-to-carry air purifiers, the Honeywell Compact Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter is the best choice, and it’s the most budget-friendly option you can find.